- Buyer's guide
Association’s New Name Better Reflects Its Role
GCTA Changes to Underground Construction Technology Association
- UCTA holds bimonthly general luncheon meetings in the months of February, April, June, August, October and December on the first Tuesday of the month. At each meeting, a keynote speaker addresses issues pertinent to the growing underground construction industry;
- The UCTA annually donates funds to the Trenchless Technology Center at Louisiana Tech University, gaining a seat on the TTC's Industrial Advisory Board. Also, the UCTA donates funds annually to CIGMAT (Center for Innovative Grouting Materials and Technology) at the University of Houston;
- The Underground Construction Technology (UCT) Conference & Exhibition is held annually in January. The UCTA helps to develop educational sessions and workshops for the conference and organizes networking and recognition events at the conference including the UCTA/UCT Golf Tournament;
- The UCTA co-sponsors, along with Underground Construction magazine, the annual Most Valuable Professional Award; and
- The UCTA Scholarship Program provides scholarship support to the children and spouses of active UCTA members for a full-time course of study. The scholarships are funded through the proceeds raised from UCTA activities.
Utility companies, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, sales distribution, academia and research and the trade press represent the governing board of directors.
The UCTA officers include: President Terry Meador, BorTunCo; Vice President Eric Wilson, City of Galveston; Treasurer Tommy Mazingo, Boyer Inc.; Secretary Kirk Eager, Hobas Pipe USA; Past President Patrick Mann, Magnum Tunneling LLC; and Administrator Ginger Coleman.
The board of directors are comprised of: Mike Garver, BRH Garver; Gregory Henry, Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam; Madhu Kilambi, HDR/Claunch & Miller; Traci Read, Oildom Publishing; Jerry Williams, Rain for Rent; Tom Lytle, Vermeer Texas; Matt Werth, PM Construction; and Wayne Brown, Compliance EnviroSystems.
Board advisors include: Dr. Rob McKim, TTC-Louisiana Tech University; Dr. Cumaraswamy Vipulanandan, CIGMAT-University of Houston; Ravi Kaleyatodi, City of Houston; Dr. Hani Tohme, City of Beaumont; and Gary Oradat, Coastal Water Authority.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
UCTA: 713.839.0808, www.uctaonline.org