- Current Issue
- Buyer's guide
Case Begins Production Of New Military Skid Steers, Compact Loaders
However, to fulfill the Army’s special requirements, the new machines also include:
• Four tie-down and lift points to meet requirements for various means of transport, including lifting by helicopter and air-dropping by parachute;
• A weapons rack;
• 24-volt starting and charging system, providing the ability to power auxiliary equipment;
• Removable steel crawler tracks for the skid steer;
• A fuel injection pump that enables the machines to use JP-8 military-blend jet fuel; and
• A military-spec NATO slave cable receptacle that allows the machines to provide an electric jump-start to any other military vehicle.
The skid steer and compact track loader project is among several recent contract awards to Case from the U.S. military, totaling more than 5,000 machines.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Case Construction, (262) 636-6772, www.casece.com