- Current Issue
- Buyer's guide
DCA Hosts Big Turnout In Miami, Raises $538,000 in Annual Auction
Upcoming DCA events for 2013 include:
• Safety Congress – April 2 - 4, Bellagio, Las Vegas, NV;
• Mid-Year Meeting – July 17 - 21, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Beaver Creek, CO;
• Fall Meeting and Professional Development Conference – Nov. 18 - 21, Gaylord Texan, Grapevine, TX; and
• 53nd Annual Convention – Feb. 4 - 9, 2014, Ritz Carlton, Cancun, Mexico.
DCA’s 2013 Safety Awards Announced
At the recent Distribution Contractors Association’s 2013 Annual convention held in Miami Beach, FL, safety excellence was recognized and companies were rewarded for the effectiveness of their safety programs. The DCA established the Arthur T. Everham Safety Award in 1986 to recognize contractors with exceptional safety programs. The award is highly coveted as winners are recognized and honored by competitors.
The categories awarded are those companies that complete less than 350,000 man-hours of distribution construction per year, those that report more than 350,000 but less than 700,000 man-hours, and those companies that report more than 700,000 man-hours.
The safety awards were again very competitive with sometimes less than a point separating first and second place. The 2013 DCA safety award recipients are:
• Under 350,000 hours – Pilchuck Contractors Inc., Kirkland, WA;
• 350,000 to 700,000 hours – Midwestern Contractors Chicago, IL; and
• Over 700,000 hours – Mears Group, Rosebush, MI.