General Machine Products Celebrates 75 Years

November 2011, Vol. 66 No. 11
The recently introduced GMP Ramrod Trailer-Mounted Powered Duct Rod Pusher.

In 1949, GMP and Bell Telephone Laboratories joined forces to pioneer the first modern automatic lashing machine, the Model B Lasher, establishing the telephone industry’s standard in lashing technology. Cable lashing machines, sometimes called “lashers” or “spinners”, are designed to wind stainless steel wire around telephone, power, and multi-media cable, thereby securing or “lashing” the cable to the supporting messenger strand between poles. Since its introduction, the company has produced over 30,000 lashing machines; some manufactured in the 1950's are still on the job today.

Poised to meet utility demands

For three generations, GMP continues to develop and refine its product lines and continues its investments in new product R&D, manufacturing, quality assurance, distribution and inventory control and physical plant to maintain its leadership and ability to meet the changing needs of work crews in the telecommunications, power utility and cable television fields.

To meet those challenges, William Pfundt has led the company forward by spearheading the creation of worldwide sales organizations covering Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, as well as across Latin America and Asia. Because of his leadership, GMP tools can be found on the job in Dublin, Ireland and Dubai, United Arab Emirates; from Delhi, India to Durango, Mexico. 215.357.5500, gmptools.com