- Current Issue
- Buyer's guide
Job Complications Lead To AXIS System Solution
What Sets the AXIS System Apart?
Vermeer's new AXIS guided boring system is designed to install a wide variety of pipe materials in 10 to 14 inch diameters from manhole to manhole in the 300 to 350 foot range. Depending on soil conditions, it may be possible to make longer runs or install larger diameter pipes.
• The AXIS system can install many types of pipe, including fused HDPE and PVC, ductile iron, vitrified clay and steel pipe;
• The drill head can be retracted and changed in mid installation to adapt to changing soil conditions;
• A vacuum evacuates cuttings to keep job sites clean without the need to manually remove spoil from the boring shaft;
• The system can both push and pull in product pipe; and
• The system does not require walls of the launch pit to be structurally reinforced.
FOR MORE INFO:
Vermeer Corp., (888) 837-6337, www.vermeer.com