- Current Issue
- Buyer's guide
PHMSA Updates Gas Transmission IMP Enforcement Guidance
On Feb. 12, the Department of Transportation/Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) updated its Gas Transmission Integrity Management Enforcement Guidance for Sections 192.901 through 192.951.
The document is intended for internal use by the PHMSA pipeline safety enforcement staff – but is also available to the public and pipeline operators. This guidance document describes the practices used by PHMSA pipeline safety investigators and other enforcement personnel in undertaking their compliance, inspection, and enforcement activities.
For each section of the rule, the guidance document gives:
• The rule language and citations;
• Interpretation summaries;
• Advisory bulletin/alert notice summaries;
• Other reference material and source;
• Guidance information;
• Examples of a probable violation or inadequate procedures;
• Examples of evidence; and
• Other special notations.
The Gas Transmission guidance document can be downloaded from the PHMSA website at www.phmsa.dot.gov.