- Buyer's guide
Trencor T1760 Mechanical Drive Chain Trencher Offers Unmatched Performance
The Trencor T1760 Mechanical Drive Chain Trencher features a newly styled sloped hood, extraordinary performance and the latest technology throughout its innovative design.
A C-27 Tier 2 Stage IIA Caterpillar 950-hp engine meets all emission standards and transmits power to the digging chain through a proven 4-speed powershift transmission, which allows maximum torque in each trenching speed.
The T1760 boasts a rugged frame construction – a unibody tractor frame is stronger than tube and bolt-on sheet metal designs. The extra-long, welded, heavy-duty undercarriage sits within a 14-foot, 3-inch overall width to work in the toughest conditions.
Other features include:
• Proven chain-driven head shaft with chain drives fully enclosed in an oil bath for longer life. This design provides lower operating costs than hydraulic pumps and motors;
• Sealed and lubricated track drive provides extended life and reduced maintenance costs;
• Processor based load control system regulates trencher and track speeds rapidly to maintain performance and reduce engine stalls and machine wear;
• High volume (330-gallon) hydraulic system only operates tracks, conveyor, and boom lift to keep pumps and motors cooler, making them last longer and operate more efficiently; and
• Location of cab provides operator protection from trenching hazards and from conveyor and trencher boom. Cab meets all ISO certifications for rollover and crush tests.
Optional equipment includes crumber shoe, berm scrapers, automatic laser control for grade and steering, auxiliary truck loading conveyor, Road Miner Attachment and a cold weather package. The Trencor T1760 is CE-certified for use in countries of the European Union. 800.527.6020, www.astecunderground.com