- Current Issue
- Buyer's guide
UCT Attendance Soars
“We met some customers that we know through correspondence that we do not get the opportunity to see in person,” he said. “It often surprises us when we see our customers at the UCT show and we have the opportunity to identify products that we offer, but the customer did not know we have. We signed up for our space for next year.”
UCT is sponsored by Underground Construction, Pipeline & Gas Journal and Pipeline News magazines with the support of corporate, association and academic cosponsors.
UCT is the only annual underground construction industry event that brings together utility providers, consulting engineers, manufacturers, and contractors and service providers in a professional business and educational environment.
The 2014 UCT show will be in Houston Jan. 28-30.
Industry Focal Point
The annual Underground Construction Technology International Conference & Exhibition is a focal point for the underground construction and rehabilitation industries with other organizations scheduling training and meetings in conjunction with UCT.
In 2013, the following special programs were held at UCT:
• CUIRE (Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education) engineering training schools (on five separate topics);
• Structural Design for Rigid Pipes, taught by Dr. George McAlpine;
• The Waterworks Conference providing a forum where water professionals can meet to gain insight about how current economic conditions are affecting the water industry and exchange ideas about challenges being faced by cities across the country;
• Damage Prevention & Safety was a special emphasis:
• NASSCO (National Association of Sewer Service Companies) conducted a variety of training programs scheduled throughout UCT week;
• Ethics for Engineers is a mandatory course for renewing engineering licenses in many states;
• The NASTT (North American Society for Trenchless Technology) Pipe Bursting Good Practices Course;
• Staking University’s Locator Certification Training Course;
• ASTM committee meetings;
• ASCE committee meetings;
• Trenchless Technology Center Industry Advisory Board luncheon
• CUIRE Industry Advisory Board meeting; and
• HDD Focus Group.
FOR MORE INFO:
UCT, (281) 558-6930, www.uctonline.com